What is the Light CCT ?
The color temperature of a light source is the temperature of an ideal black-body radiator that radiates light of a color comparable to that of the light source. Color temperature is a characteristic of visible light that has important applications in lighting, photography, videography, publishing, manufacturing, astrophysics, horticulture, and other fields. In practice, color temperature is meaningful only for light sources that do in fact correspond somewhat closely to the radiation of some black body, i.e., light in a range going from red to orange to yellow to white to blueish white; it does not make sense to speak of the color temperature of, e.g., a green or purple light. Color temperature is conventionally expressed in kelvins, using the symbol K, a unit of measure for absolute temperature.
Color temperatures over 5000 K are called “cool colors” (bluish), while lower color temperatures (2700–3000 K) are called “warm colors” (yellowish).
What are lumens ?
- When shopping for LED lights, one term you will come across often is the term lumen. In fact, on the information panel of an LED light, lumen ratings are often listed first. Lumens are an important measurement in lighting and understanding them will help you choose the right lighting for your needs. Here’s a closer look at what this term means, and how it affects your lighting choices.
- The lumen (symbol: lm) is the SI derived unit of luminous flux, a measure of the total quantity of visible light emitted by a source per unit of time. Luminous flux differs from power (radiant flux) in that radiant flux includes all electromagnetic waves emitted, while luminous flux is weighted according to a model (a “luminosity function”) of the human eye’s sensitivity to various wavelengths. Lumens are related to lux in that one lux is one lumen per square meter.
- Why Are LED Lights Measured in Lumens?
- Measuring the brightness of a light is more important than measuring its power. Traditional incandescent bulbs were measured in watts, which showed how much power they used. More wattage meant a brighter light. Now that the industry has so many energy-efficient lighting options, more wattage does not actually mean more light, unless you are staying within the same type of light bulb. That is why LED lighting is measured in lumens.
- Lumens are a particularly helpful unit when trying to calculate how many lights to buy for your facility. Most facilities have a minimum requirement for proper visibility, and you can only calculate how many lights you need if you calculate in lumens. If you need a particular number of lumens per square foot and know how many lumens the light produces, you can install or purchase the right number of lights.
- How Do Lumens Compare to Watts?
- Lumens and watts measure different things, so they can’t really be compared. This would be like comparing a pound of apples to a gallon of milk – the measurements are completely different. However, you can estimate the number of lumens a particular watt bulb would produce. An incandescent bulb that uses 100 watts, for example, produces about 1600 lumens. In the world of LED, a 26-watt bulb creates the same amount of lumens.
- Why Is There So Much Confusion?
- Why is there so much confusion between watts and lumens? When incandescent lights where the primary light source used in homes and businesses, all were measured in watts. Though watts measured the amount of power used, people started to associate them with the level of brightness, because everyone knew a 100-watt bulb was brighter than a 40-watt bulb. Now, with LED, CFL, and other more efficient lighting options on the market, this connection no longer works. A 22-watt LED bulb is much brighter than a 60-watt incandescent bulb because the 22-watt LED produces 1600 lumens, where the 60-watt incandescent produces only 800.
What is the ghost current?
Because there is voltage always present in the (hot) wire this results in an induced voltage in the switched wire, which causes a small amount of current to flow through the LED lamp, and the brightness of an LED depends on the amount of current, not voltage that flows through it. If the driver circuitry is designed so that any voltage present is passed to the LED, the extra current will flow through the LED, thus making it glow faintly.
What is the difference between Monocrystalline and polycrystalline silicon Solar Panel?
When you evaluate solar panels for your photovoltaic (PV) system, you will encounter two main categories of panel options: monocrystalline solar panels (mono) and polycrystalline solar panels (poly). Both types of panels produce energy from the sun, but there are some key differences to be aware of.
Monocrystalline solar panels and polycrystalline solar panels: it’s all about the cells
Both monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels serve the same function in the overall solar PV system: they capture energy from the sun and turn it into electricity. They are also both made from silicon, which is used for solar panels because it is an abundant, very durable element. Many solar panel manufacturers produce both monocrystalline and polycrystalline panels.
Both monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels can be good choices for your home, but there are key differences between the two types of technology that you should understand before making your final solar purchase decision. The main difference between the two technologies is the type of silicon solar cell they use: monocrystalline solar panels have solar cells made from a single crystal of silicon, while polycrystalline solar panels have solar cells made from many silicon fragments melted together.
- Monocrystalline solar panels
Monocrystalline solar panels are generally thought of as a premium solar product. The main advantages of monocrystalline panels are higher efficiencies and sleeker aesthetics.
To make solar cells for monocrystalline solar panels, silicon is formed into bars and cut into wafers. These types of panels are called “monocrystalline” to indicate that the silicon used is single-crystal silicon. Because the cell is composed of a single crystal, the electrons that generate a flow of electricity have more room to move. As a result, monocrystalline panels are more efficient than their polycrystalline counterparts.
- Polycrystalline solar panels
Polycrystalline solar panels generally have lower efficiencies than monocrystalline options, but their advantage is a lower price point. In addition, polycrystalline solar panels tend to have a blue hue instead of the black hue of monocrystalline panels.
Polycrystalline solar panels are also made from silicon. However, instead of using a single crystal of silicon, manufacturers melt many fragments of silicon together to form the wafers for the panel. Polycrystalline solar panels are also referred to as “multi-crystalline,” or many-crystal silicon. Because there are many crystals in each cell, there is less freedom for the electrons to move. As a result, polycrystalline solar panels have lower efficiency ratings than monocrystalline panels.
What is the difference between Li-ion Battery and LiFePO4 Battery?
When using power sources to run embedded components, it’s not always simple to pop in a fresh set of batteries. Newer technologies, from smartphones to electric vehicles to portable power tools, require batteries that can hold a significant amount of energy, be lightweight enough to carry or move and be safe for the user. Lithium batteries offer all these benefits for portable electronics, vehicles, medical equipment, and even grid energy storage.
Lithium-ion and Lithium iron phosphate are two types of batteries used in today’s portable electronics. While they both share some similarities, there are major differences in high-energy-density, long life cycles, and safety. Most people are familiar with lithium-ion as they most likely own a smartphone, tablet, or PC. Lithium iron phosphate is a newer type of battery gaining recognition in the manufacturing industries due to its cost-effective materials and stability with high temperatures.
Chemistries Of Lithium Iron Phosphate And Lithium-Ion
Charge and discharge rates of a battery are governed by C-rates. The capacity of a battery is commonly rated at 1C, meaning that a fully charged battery rated at 1Ah should provide 1A for one hour. The same battery discharging at 0.5C should provide 500mA for two hours, and at 2C it delivers 2A for 30 minutes.
Lithium-ion can consist of two different chemistries for the cathode, lithium manganese oxide or lithium cobalt dioxide, as both have a graphite anode. It has a specific energy of 150/200 watt-hours per kilogram and a nominal voltage of 3.6V. Its charge rate is from 0.7C up to 1.0C as higher charges can significantly damage the battery. Lithium-ion has a discharge rate of 1C.
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
Lithium iron phosphate has a cathode of iron phosphate and an anode of graphite. It has a specific energy of 90/120 watt-hours per kilogram and a nominal voltage of 3.20V or 3.30V. The charge rate of lithium iron phosphate is 1C and the discharge rate of 1-25C.
What Are The Energy Level Differences?
There are significant differences in energy when comparing lithium-ion and lithium iron phosphate. Lithium-ion has a higher energy density at 150/200 Wh/kg versus lithium iron phosphate at 90/120 Wh/kg. So, lithium-ion is normally the go-to source for power-hungry electronics that drain batteries at a high rate.
On the other hand, the discharge rate for lithium iron phosphate outmatches lithium-ion. At 25C, lithium iron phosphate batteries have voltage discharges that are excellent when at higher temperatures. The discharge rate doesn’t significantly degrade the lithium iron phosphate battery as the capacity is reduced.
Life Cycle Differences
Lithium iron phosphate has a lifecycle of 1,000-10,000 cycles. These batteries can handle high temperatures with minimal degradation. They have a long life for applications that have embedded systems or need to run for long lengths of time before needing to be charged.
For lithium-ion, the higher energy density makes it more unstable, especially when dealing with higher operating temperature environments. It has a life cycle of 500-1,000 cycles as it can be negatively impacted based on the operating temperature of the electronics or working components.
Long-Term Storage Benefits
When it comes to storing unused batteries, it is important to pick chemistry that doesn’t lose its charge over long periods of time. Instead, the battery should give close to the same charge performance as when it is used for over a year. Both lithium iron phosphate and lithium-ion have good long-term storage benefits. Lithium iron phosphate can be stored longer as it has a 350-day shelf life. For lithium-ion, the shelf life is roughly around 300 days.
Safety Advantages Of Lithium Iron Phosphate
Manufacturers across industries turn to lithium iron phosphate for applications where safety is a factor. Lithium iron phosphate has excellent thermal and chemical stability. This battery stays cool in higher temperatures. It is also incombustible when it is mishandled during rapid charges and discharges or when there are short circuit issues. Lithium iron phosphate does not normally experience thermal runaway, as the phosphate cathode will not burn or explode during overcharging or overheating as the battery remains cool.
However, the chemistry of lithium-ion does not have the same safety advantages as lithium iron phosphate. It’s high energy density has the disadvantage of causing the battery to be unstable. It heats up faster during charging as a lithium-ion battery can experience thermal runaway.
Another safety advantage of lithium iron phosphate involves the disposal of the battery after use or failure. A lithium-ion battery made with a lithium cobalt dioxide chemistry is considered a hazardous material as it can cause allergic reactions to the eyes and skin when exposed. It can also cause severe medical issues when swallowed. So, special disposal considerations must be made for lithium-ion. On the other hand, lithium iron phosphate is non-toxic and can be disposed of more easily by manufacturers.
Applications For Lithium Iron Phosphate And Lithium-Ion
Lithium iron phosphate is sought after for any electronics or machines where safety and longevity are desired but doesn’t need an extremely high energy density. Electric motors for vehicles, medical devices, and military applications where the technology will experience higher environmental temperatures. Lithium iron phosphate is also ideal for applications that are more stationary as the battery is slightly heavier as well as bulkier than lithium-ion, although it can be used in some portable technologies.
Lithium iron phosphate may not be selected for applications where portability is a major factor due to its extra weight. For smartphones, laptops, and tablet devices, lithium-ion batteries are used. Any high-energy device that needs the best performance on the first day can benefit from the chemistry found on lithium-ion batteries.
Besides looking for the right energy sources based on portability, safety, and energy density, manufacturers also must consider the costs during the production of electronics as well as during disposal. Many manufacturers will select lithium iron phosphate as the cheaper battery alternative. The batteries cost less due to the safer iron phosphate chemistry as manufacturers don’t have to spend more money to recycle the materials.
Lithium Offering A Range Of Benefits
Advances in battery technologies have placed lithium chemistry at the head of the pack for being the best power source for high energy use devices that are portable. Its long shelf life and the benefit of providing a continuous source of power over long periods of time is why both lithium-ion and lithium iron phosphate are reliable alternatives.
What is UV-C?
Ultra-Violet (UV) light is invisible to the human eye and is divided into UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C.
UV-C is found within the 100-280 nm range. Germicidal action is maximized at 265 nm with reductions on either side. UV-C lamps have their main emission at 254 nm where the action on DNA is 85% of the peak value. As a result, our germicidal lamps are extremely effective in breaking down the DNA of micro-organisms. This means that they cannot replicate and cause disease.
All In One Solar LED Street Light
1. What are the advantages of Eagle Star Lighting Solar LED Street Light?
- Customize service available
- High efficiency: 160~200lm/w
- 20w to 120w available
- CCT: 3000K/4000K/5000K/5500K/6000K
- Lithium battery
- Overcharge and over-discharge protection to extend the service life
- A grade Monocrystalline silicon, high conversion rate
- A grade aluminum alloy
- Beautiful design
- IP66 waterproof, after a serious waterproof test
- The mounting arm angle is adjustable, different poles adaptors available
- Slim scientific packaging design, much lower shipping fee. Multiple protections carton, better protect the light during transportation.
- Remote on-off control, more convenient
- PIR sensor included
- Lighting mode adjustable
- Camera/wifi/4G function available
- No electrical supply in need, no grid, and other infrastructure in need, no cables in need, no need to dig the street, no influence to other lights when maintain. Screw on to get light and safety.
- Charge 1 day, light 3 days
2. Can the Solar LED Street Light in the US be charged 100% for one night with one day of charging? What percent can be lit all night?
After actual tests and calculations, the solar street light can work for 9-10 hours at 100% brightness (environment temperature 25 ° C) after it is fully charged. The solar street light requires 6-7 hours of effective solar light (calculated based on the full power of the solar panel). Fully charged. If the effective sunshine duration of a day is more than 3 hours, it will able to use normally at our factory set model: 100% brightness when people come, 30% brightness when people leave.If the effective sunshine duration of a day is less than 3 hours, the parameters need to be adjusted to reduce the brightness. The actual parameters are adjusted according to the actual use.
3. How is the Solar LED Street Light waterproof test done? What is the test standard? Can it withstand continuous rainstorm days?
The IP65 test standard is to use a nozzle with an inner diameter of 6.3mm, at a distance of 2.5m ~ 3m, spray water in all directions of the shell without harmful effects;Our lamps are immersed in water for half an hour without any problems when they are lit, so they must be more waterproof than IP65.Waterproof test video Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy8SUlOkH5Q&t=15s
4. Why can Eagle Star Lighting Solar LED Street Light achieve 200LM / W?
The LEDs we use are Philips 5050, the power of a single LED is 4W, and a module of the luminaire uses 28 LEDs for only 10W. This kind of power reduction is used to achieve a light efficiency of 215lm / W. In addition, the transmittance of ordinary lenses is 88% -90%. If ordinary lenses are used, the overall light efficiency can only reach 190-195lm / w, and the rear end of the lens we use has a small total reflection baffle. Useless light on the backside is reflected back, increasing the utilization rate of the light, so the effective light transmittance of the lens is increased to 92% -93%, so the light efficiency of the entire lamp can reach 200lm / w.
5. What is the material of the Eagle Star Lighting Solar LED Street Light shell?
The outer shell of solar street light is relatively good heat dissipation 6063 aluminum. The frame of the lamp adopts an integrated molding process, which greatly improves the stability of the lamp and the overall appearance of the lamp is more beautiful.
6. What is the sample delivery date of Eagle Star Lighting Solar LED Street Light? What about big orders?
Less than 20 counted as samples, delivery time is 7 days, more than 20 counted as batches, delivery time is 15 days.
Solar LED Garden Light
1. What is All in one integrated solar led garden light?
The integrated All in one integrated solar led garden light is an intelligent outdoor lighting system that integrates the best energy saving parts—solar panel, led lamp, sensor, controller, and lithium battery all in one box. During the day the highly efficient solar panel collects energy from the sun and stores the power in the advanced lithium battery. At night the powerful Led would automatically be turned on providing light. When motion sensor detected, the Led would increase into brightness to provide an abundance of extra lighting for anyone in the area. After a while when motion is no longer detected, the light drops down in brightness to conserve power. This intelligent feature allows the solar-powered led garden light to save power when no one is in range or utilizing the light, meaning a much longer run time than you would expect from a similar size solar lighting.
2. What are the main components of integrated All in one integrated solar led garden light?
The item is composed of built-in: high-efficiency solar module/panel, high capacity LiFePO4 battery, controller with micro-computer MPPT function, Philips Led, and infrared body sensor. (light pole is not included).
3. What is the theory of integrated All in one integrated solar led garden light?
During the day, in the sunshine, the electricity converted by solar modules is stored in the battery. At night, the solar lights turn on automatically using the electricity of the battery.
4. What are the features of all in one All in one integrated solar led garden light?
- Integrated design, integrated light source, the new high-capacity lithium batteries, integrated solar modules and automatic controller, motion sensor.
- Easy to install and maintain, without cables, without equipped with special poles, functional components of a modular design, installation, maintenance, more convenient and quicker.
- Using solar power systems, pure green energy, in-exhaustible, optimal energy for the environment
- High-capacity lithium-ion batteries, high energy, long life, lightweight, green environmental production, does not produce any harmful substances
- Using an LED light source, no diffuse effect, with a high light efficiency, coupled with a unique secondary optical design, exposure to the wider region, to improve the efficiency of light once again. And the LED light source has a long life, high luminous efficiency, light color uniform, and other advantages
- Shell is made of aluminum material with lightweight, corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance, and other characteristics, to ensure that products meet moist, hydroelectric acid environment
- Control system uses industrial-grade components manufacturing, adapt to harsh environments, and ensure to bright all night.
5. How to choose the best suitable All in one integrated solar led garden light? (Below for your reference)
- Installation height 3-4M: normally select ES-PT020B01-YY. LED power is 20W, characteristics are high brightness, high power, a wide range of lighting. Ideal for dark pathways, garden, yard, or outdoors of your house, and other places. Apart from that, they also enhance the security surrounding your project. They use sunlight as a power source so you don’t have to spend money on its maintenance. Most of them have light sensors that will automatically turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
- Installation height 3-5M: normally select ES-PT030B01-YY. LED power is 30W
- Installation height 4-6M: normally select ES-PT050B01-YY. LED power is 50W
6. What should be done before install the All in one integrated solar led garden light?
Firstly, Once you receive it, please check the complete parcel, and test the light’s basic function lighting to confirm it can work perfectly.
Secondly, Considering the security, We didn’t charge the battery fully before shipping the all-in-one/integrated solar street light to you, so please charge the light in the daytime for 3 days without lighting/discharging at night.
Thirdly, turn on the switch, please be advised that there’s a 10s buffer time before LEDs light up.
7. How to install All in one integrated solar led garden light?
Installation is very easy, just to lay the foundation on a straight bar, then fix the screws is ok. Keep the solar panel face the sky, and make sure no shelter on the surface of the solar panel. Usually, two workers can complete the installation only with a wrench in 2 minutes, neither the use of heavy equipment or tools nor technical support or engineer guidance.
8. What to do with the rainy day or cloudy/rainy day?
The outdoor solar light is waterproof. You don’t need to worry about it. After fully charged, the capacity of the battery can keep the LED working in about 3~5 rainy/ cloudy days.
9. If you find the All in one integrated solar led garden light brightness is down or totally off, how to handle it?
It proves the power of the solar light battery is not enough to support normal lighting, so it needs to be charged in 2-3 good sunny days, especially in the Winter season, the sunlight intensity is much below the standard sunlight (1000kw/m2), it may need longer time to charge.
10. Why the charging efficiency is low on winter or cloudy days?
Generally, the sunlight standard is 1000kw/m2, in the winter or cloudy day, the sunlight intensity is much lower than standard so the charging efficiency is lower accordingly.
11. How many cycles of full charge & discharge about your All in one integrated solar led garden light battery?
In 100% discharging deepness, it can be cycled for 2000 times; in floating charging and discharging status, it can be cycled for 5-8 years.
12. How many hours the solar led garden light fully charged?
Depend on sunlight. In summer, it needs only 4-6 hrs while in winter 9-10 hrs.
13. What’s the color temperature you can make for your All in one integrated solar led garden light?
2700K to 6500K for option, please tell us in advance for which range you want, otherwise, we send the 6000-6500K as default.
14. Can we choose our own sensor mode on the All in one integrated solar led garden light?
Our factory makes time sensors and motion control modes for options. The human sensor means light full-on when the human body comes nearly and keep 30% light when human far away. Time control means full light on during the previous half night, and keep 30% light on during last half night. We can also set your own program, such as 3 hrs continually full light on, then full light on after 3 hrs interval, etc.
15. How many years warranty for the battery of the solar led garden light?
3 years warranty for the battery, if the lamp stops working, customers only need to replace the battery.
LED UFO High Bay Light
1. My UFO High Bay is flickering. What do I do?
Turn off the power to your UFO High Bay. Wait 3 minutes. Turn it on again.
Is it connected to a dimmer? Cut the link and try again.
If it still flickering, please contact our Customer Service team.
2. Which methods can I use to install your High Bay LEDs?
Our UFO High Bay LED Light Fixtures (100W/150W/200W/240W options) can be installed via a number of methods. Choose the one that best suits your needs.
Ceiling/Wall Mount with U-Bracket
3. Is the UFO High Bay compatible with occupancy sensors?
Yes, the Eagle Star Lighting UFO High Bay light fixtures are compatible with certain occupancy sensors, including around Merrytek sensor or Hansen sensor with AC voltage.
4. How do your High Bays handle heat dissipation?
Made from a durable die-casting aluminum allow housing, the enhanced thermal management of our UFO High Bay LED fixture wicks away heat via the heat sink’s convection heat exchange with ambient air. The fins on the back of the fixture help speed up this process.
5. What length are the power and dimming wires in your UFO High Bay light fixtures?
Standard power wires are 12” (30cm) long, other lengths can be customizable as you need.
6. What Advantages Eagle Star Lighting LED UFO High Bay Light have?
- Chinese Factory Direct
- Free tax available
- Certificate: DLC Premium ETL cETL;Hillmen output: 140~150 lumen/watt;IP65
- North American popular design style, circulation cooling design idea and high purity die-casting aluminum shell for excellent heat dissipation
- Private label is available, your clients cannot find us
- Input voltage:100-277V AC or 347-480V AC available
- 100W/150W/200W/240W are available
- Beam angle: 60°, 90°, 120° for choice
- Motion sensor, photocell, PC or Aluminum cover, 2m wire, wire with plug, emergency backup, Bluetooth control available
- Warranty: 5 years
- OEM & ODM
7. Is this High Bay wet rated/waterproof for outdoor use?
The waterproof UFO High Bays from Eagle Star Lighting is wet rated for indoor or outdoor use. It is durable, shock- and shatter-resistant to provide you with reliable area light. Waterproof test video on youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgLVPcIb5C8
LED Parking Lot Light
1. What size pole does the Slip Fitter attachment fit on your led parking lot light?
The Slip Fitter attachment for our Shoebox LED Light Fixture fits round poles that are approximately 2” to 2-3/8” (50mm~60mm) in diameter.
2. Is the Eagle Star Lighting led parking lot light waterproof?
Eagle Star Lighting’s Shoebox light includes an IP66 rating so it is suitable for exterior use. A wet rating refers to locations where a wet rated outdoor lighting fixture might encounter dripping water, rain, or other liquid that could flow or splash on or against your LED light fixture. When light encounters rain or snow, you want wet rated LED fixtures. This includes the type of saturation found in yards, patios, walkways, parking lots, gas stations, sports courts, football fields, and or outdoor or exterior places where rain and other liquids will have direct contact with the product. Waterproof test video youtube link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QmPF1AlBb4
3. How does your led parking lot light handle heat dissipation?
Made from a durable die-casting aluminum allow housing, the enhanced thermal management of our LED Shoebox fixture wicks away heat via the heat sink’s convection heat exchange with ambient air. The fins on the back of the fixture help speed up this process. The unique ventilation nozzle design of the lamp also helps heat dissipation.
4. Is your price include the mounting arm?
Yes, you can choose one of them. Options include wall mount, round pole, or square pole mount.
5.What Advantages Eagle Star Lighting LED parking lot light have?
- Chinese Factory Direct
- Free tax available
- Price includes one multi-functional arm
- Certificate: DLC ETL cETL; Hillmen output: 130lumen/watt; IP65
- 100W/150W/200W/300W are available
- Input voltage: 100-277V AC or 347-480V AC
- Beam angle: TypeIII, TypeIV, TypeV, optics are interchangeable and easily replaceable
- Motion sensor, photocell, 10KV Surge protector, short cap, 2m wire available
- North American popular design style, circulation cooling design idea and big high purity die-casting aluminum shell for excellent heat dissipation
- Private label is available
- Warranty: 5 Years
- OEM & ODM
LED Wall Pack Light
1. How Many LED Wall Pack Light do I Need?
In order to calculate how many LED wall pack lights are needed for your outdoor lighting project, you need to know the basic principles that determine how light spreads from your chosen light source. Beam Angle and Beam Spread are the two LED Wall Pack specs we use to figure those quantities.
Beam Angle is defined as the point on the ground where light intensity is half of what it is when directly underneath the light source, known as the 50% point. The higher the light is off the ground, the longer the distance from the center to this point, so we can see the height chosen for the lights will also affect the number of LED Wall Packs required.
Beam Spread is the distance over the ground to the 50% point of each light. We use the specified Beam Angle, the chosen distance from the light source to the ground, and some very simple math to calculate how many lights we need.
Beam Spread = Beam Angle × 00.018 × Distance from light to the ground
In a typical example, a contractor wants to light a path along a 50-foot barn wall using wall Packs with a beam angle of 110°. His client wants the wall packs 12 feet from the ground and the contractor knows the chosen LED Wall Pack has a beam angle of 110°. Plugging those numbers into the equation shows:
Beam Spread = 110 × 0.018 × 12 = 23.76 feet
The contractor needs to purchase two Eagle Star Lighting 120W led wall pack to illuminate the path along the 50’ barn wall.
2. The Many Advantages of LED Wall Pack Lighting
LED Wall Pack Lighting and LED lighting, in general, has become one of the most rapidly adopted new technologies in history. There are many reasons for that from its low cost of manufacturing, to our new ability to create lights in any shape, but the fundamental reason for LED lighting’s massive adoption is its drastically lower energy use than traditional incandescent lighting.
Using LED lights is a very simple way for everyone to do their bit for the planet by reducing the level of power plant emissions required to light our homes, freeways, parking lots, and offices.
Browse our website and see how many new, exciting LED lighting projects you can start today.
3. How Many Watts Do I Need?
The understanding that more wattage (more electrical power used) means more light output is most commonly referred to when choosing to light. Along with this most consumers have a good idea of the intensity difference between 40W, 60W, and 90W light bulbs, which are the most common strengths used in a home. Similarly, buyers of traditional wall packs knew a 250W light would work for almost every outdoor application they had.
That all changed with LED lighting because of its biggest advantage over traditional incandescent lamps, namely the huge difference in electrical energy required to generate the same level of light. If you ever wondered about energy use and power, electrical energy use overtime is defined as electrical power and is measured in Watts. A good rule of thumb to use when trying to figure light output based on your knowledge of incandescent lighting is the LED option will give the same light as a traditional light that has a wattage around 3 times that of the LED. See the table below.
Light intensity has always been measured this way, but because all LED lights don’t have the same light output for their Wattage specs, the Lumen was added to the specification to allow buyers to compare actual light output across different brands and types of LED lights and compare them to traditional lights.
In all cases, higher Lumens values mean higher light output, so figure out your rough requirement, then pick the LED wall pack that gets you close to your needs.
4. Are Eagle Star Lighting LED Wall Packs waterproof?
Yes, the IP65 rating means you can use Eagle Star Lighting LED Wall Packs in wet rated areas such as on building exteriors, walls, or in alleyways, parking lots, and garages.
5. Are Eagle Star Lighting LED Wall Packs an HID replacement?
Yes, Eagle Star Lighting LED Wall packs feature a durable housing, commercial-grade voltage (100~277V/200-480V), copper wiring, and a high lumen. They also provide instant-on light. These wall packs offer a low wattage alternative to HID lights and a 125W-480W equivalency, depending on which wall pack you select. LED Wall Packs also do not require a ballast so you can avoid costly ballast replacement and the audible hum that sometimes occurs with ballasted HID lamps.
Our LED Wall Packs also make good replacements for traditional high-pressure sodium wall packs or fluorescent wall packs, in addition to replacing metal halide fixtures.
6. What about the maintenance of the Sunco LED Wall Packs?
These LED Wall Packs are integrated, which means the LEDs are included inside the fixture. There is no need to replace or relamp the light fixture during its lifetime.
Since this is an airtight enclosure with an IP65 rating you can use it outside.
7. Advantages of Eagle Star Lighting LED Wall Pack?
- Customized service available
- Input voltage: 100~277V AC, 200~480V available
- 18W/25W/30W/40W/60W/90W/120W/150W available
- Warranty: 5 Years
- OEM & ODM
- Die-casting Aluminum Shell+ Philips led
- CCT: 3000k/4000k/5000k/5700k
- Wire out from the back or from the side available
- Photocell, Motion Sensor, 2m wire, emergency backup available
1. What is UV-C Light
Within the range of Ultraviolet light from 100-280 nanometers exists a range of UV that is medically categorized as germicidal. Meaning any light in this range has the ability to kill or disable bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19.
2. How does UV-C light work?
When Ultraviolet light enters a cell, it disables the cell by adding duplicate bonds to critical nucleic acids and proteins, rendering the organism inactive or unable to reproduce.
3. When and Where to Use UV Disinfection
Disinfection cycle time is a critical factor in the operational equation. The more efficient units boast cycle times of 15 minutes or more. This technology is not typically used for disinfecting every hospital discharge room due to the additional time potentially needed to run the UV technology. A more standard procedure is to use the UV device in isolation or in compromised patient rooms. The same is true for operating room suites, leading some hospitals to use the technology during the end-of-day terminal cleaning.
4. How UV Radiation Can Kill Pathogens?
Ultraviolet radiation has wavelengths that range from 100 to 400 nanometers (nm), and it is classified into three bands depending on the wavelength:
UV-A, from 315 to 400 nm
UV-B, from 280 to 315 nm
UV-C, from 100 to 280 nm
UV-C radiation carries the most energy, and this makes it the most effective for killing germs. According to ASHRAE, the optimal range is 200 to 280 nm, and the highest germicidal effect is achieved at 265 nm. Most UVGI air purification systems use a wavelength of 253.7 nm, which is close to the optimal value.
5. How does the countdown work and why do I need one?
For your convenience, our Germicidal UVC Light has a 20-second countdown that begins after activation. This delayed start allows you to leave the room.
For safety reasons, please remove plants, children, and pets from the room prior to activating the UVC light. That way your only concern is removing yourself during the allotted time.
Remember there is a fail-safe that activates when motion is detected within a 10ft radius. If the fail-safe turns off the light, you can always restart the activation process and then leave the room.
6. Do I have to use the remote?
We recommend using the remote on our UVC Germicidal Lamp for safety purposes. However, you have the option to use the controls on the lamp base which will still have the 20 seconds delayed start.
7. I have 2 Germicidal UVC Lights and only want to use 1 remote for both. Is remote pairing possible?
Yes. Each Germicidal Lamp remote is paired to control a specific UVC light.
8. I lost or broke the remote for my Germicidal UVC Light. Will the lamp still work?
Yes, you have the option to use the controls on the UVC Germicidal Lamp base, which also includes the 20-second start delay.
We do recommend using the remote for safety purposes.
9. Why do I have to wait after the UVC light finishes its cycle?
Although it is safe to return to the room 20 seconds after the UVC Germicidal Lamp finishes its cycle, please wait 30 minutes.
This is not an LED lamp. It will get warm and need time to cool down before moving the lamp to another position or storing it away.
Try not to touch the bulb/quartz housing as oils from your fingers can change the effectiveness of the sterilization. If you do accidentally touch the quartz, please use a microfiber cloth to gently remove the oils.
10. The install manual mentions radiation during lamp operation. Why is that?
Ultraviolet light (UV) is a form of radiation or high-frequency energy. UV light is harmful but safe to use for surface disinfection. Exposure to UV-C Ultraviolet light renders viruses, bacteria, and mold spores sterile.
For safety reasons, humans, animals, and plants should be removed from the area prior to use of the UVC Germicidal Lamp.
11. Please explain how mercury is involved in your Germicidal UVC Light.
The Eagle Star Lighting Germicidal UVC Light contains mercury in the quartz housing which gets excited by the electrodes. That turns the mercury into a vapor which produces UV-C energy in the UV light spectrum.
You can dispose of this UVC light in the same manner as you would a fluorescent light or similar vapor bulb. Here are some helpful cleanup instructions from the EPA.
If a CFL or fluorescent type of bulb is not accepted in your regular disposal collection or at local businesses (like hardware stores), please use local city resources or search online to discover disposal facilities near your business or in your neighborhood.
12. How does the motion fail-safe “protection mode” work?
The Eagle Star Lighting Germicidal UVC Light contains a radar sensor to detect movement around the light fixture. When the light turns on, the radar sensor looks for movement within a 10 foot (120”) radius. The light will shut off when movement is detected.
Press the On/Off button on the base. The corresponding light will illuminate.
Select the mode button (30-, 60-, 90-minutes). The corresponding light will flash.
You now have 20 seconds to step away from the light and leave the area.
We recommend removing children, pets, and plants from the room prior to activation.
13. Why does my Germicidal UVC Light turn off early? I only see the blue light shine under the door for a few minutes.
Eagle Star Lighting’s Germicidal UVC Light has a protection mode that uses a fail-safe radar sensor to detect motion. That mode turns off the UVC light when motion is detected. Since household interior doors can be made of thin wood, it is possible it is still detecting motion.
While it is not recommended, you can disable the motion function of the Germicidal UVC Light:
- Cover the motion sensor lens and UVC lamp with a thick towel to avoid exposure.
- Turn on the UVC light.
- Press “90 Mins” on the lamp base and hold it down for more than 15 seconds. The motion function will be disabled.
NOTE: Each time the fixture is unplugged the motion sensor will reset. When you unplug the UVC Light and move the fixture to another position you will need to follow these steps again to disable the motion sensor.
Remember that with the motion sensor fail-safe disabled, you need to ensure that people, pets are removed from the room prior to using the UVC light for disinfection purposes. UVC light can be harmful.
14. Can I permanently install this UVC light in a ceiling or a wall?
Please choose our UV-C tubes.